Thursday 21 April 2011

Game of Thrones






I was able to watch the very first episode of HBO's new mini series titled Game of Thrones the other night.  I went into this not knowing anything regarding the origins of the series except that it was based on a series of novels called The Song of Ice and Fire.

I am a huge fan of some the series that came from HBO, such as Rome, Band of Brothers, Generation Kill, and to a lesser extent, The Pacific.  So far, the first episode of GoT follows the others with a high production value and great acting from the casts.  I can't wait to see the rest of this series.

I have been known to follow up the screen version with the original printed version right after completion but at seven books, A Song of Ice and Fire might prove to be a considerable investment.  Perhaps I should just start anyway.  Time to check the Kindle app for new reading material.

No comments:

Post a Comment