Sunday 31 March 2013

LCT AMD-65


At this year's TAC13, which is Toronto's airsoft convention, I picked up a new toy for myself that I have been looking at for several months. As I headed to the convention, I made a list of things that I wanted to buy, despite none of them being anything that I actually needed.  I did promise myself that if by some miracle someone was selling an LCT AMD-65, I would not hesitate to pick one up.  I made that promise because I was sure it was highly unlikely that I would see one.

To my surprise, upon entering the venue, the very first retailer that normally only sell airsoft parts and not guns had several LCT AK models on his table.  As someone who always kept his promise, even to himself, I had no choice but to fulfill it.

The total cost of the gun came to $550 and it came with several upgrades to boot.  It has an upgraded high torque motor, and new set of gears and piston.  It also came with a King Arms 11.1V LiPo stick battery that was on my shopping list.  I could not refuse this offer despite the seller saying that he intended to use this particular gun as a test model for the convention.

I have yet to game this rifle but I can tell you a few things about it.  The gun itself is of a very solid construction as it is entirely made of steel.  It is heavy but at the same time, with the wire stock unfolded, it is quite comfortable to shoulder.  I threw out the high capacity magazine that came with the gun and inserted a Real Sword midcap mag and the fit was perfect.  After all, a steel gun deserved a steel magazine as well.  As an owner of all of the Real Sword Type-56 models, I can say that this gun felt just as solid as the Real Sword guns and I have used those extensively outdoors.  The finish on the LCT is much darker I thought, but that is just an observation on my part.


As for the real version of this rifle, it is issued extensively to the Afghan police to their dismay.  Their main complaint is that the gun is highly inaccurate and the barrel and foregrip could heat up so much that it became too hot to handle.

Despite the shortcomings of the real steel version, as a player and a collector, I wanted this particular model because it is an uncommon variant of the AK in the airsoft realm.  The only other manufacturer that I know of that make this model is Echo 1.  At only a fraction of the the price of the LCT, I chose not to get the Echo 1 model seeing as it made of monkey metal.  With the way I play, I was sure to break the wire stock on my first outing as I am very prone to falls on the field.

I am looking forward to fielding this new toy in a few weeks.  That means I will likely be dressed in my insurgent loadout.  It should be a fun day and I cannot wait to get outside again.

2 comments:

  1. Haha I like how you talk up the real version (about over heating and stuff).

    Glad you enjoy your new toy, are you going to use it on April 20th?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will game it then for sure. I cant wait to go. Added a picture for your enjoyment.

    ReplyDelete