Thursday 2 May 2013

Oakley SI Belt


Revealed for the first time at ShotShow, Oakley have finally released their SI Belt.  I was able to acquire one from SKD Tactical.  Retail price of $100 is not cheap but I was always curious about these belts.


Upon first inspection, the belt is slimmer and lighter than I had anticipated.  Compared to my Condor riggers belt, I had no trouble inserting the SI Belt through the blet loops of my pants that could not accommodate the other.  The SI Belt is also not as thick and therefore more flexible when compared to the riggers belt.

For over a year now, I have used the Condor belt at games to hold up my pants and used an HSGI pistol belt to mount my holster onto.  I will try out the SI Belt as my day to day belt for now.  The next scheduled game I am to attend is not until the middle of June and I don't want to wait until then to use this.

**Update**

It is now the middle of January, 2014 and I have been using this belt every day since May of last year.  It has held up as I had expected with the only a slight wear on the paint of the buckles from being inserted and rubbing against the metal knob of my pants.  The materials of the belt itself seems to be fine.  So overall I am liking it and I am contemplating of getting another one in black.  Since the tan color will not match with the influx of wolf gray colored gear I am about to acquire.


Here is the description from Oakley:

Oakley SI Belt

  • High performance quick release Raptor™ buckle
  • Aerospace grade Vectran® thread
  • Integrated escape loop/attachment point
  • Single piece variable with width webbing construction
  • Exterior belt hook & loop system compatible with duty belts
Sizing Chart:
Small: 27-31"
Medium: 32-36"
Large: 37-41"


WARNING: Belt not intended for climbing or rappelling. The loop attachment point on this belt will withstand a pull force that exceeds 12kn or 2,600 lbs. As does the buckle and the rest of the belt. Although the belt will not break at forces up to 12kn that does not mean it would protect the wearer from other injuries related to the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment