Friday 26 September 2014

Arcteryx Alpha Jacket Gen 2


It is now officially fall and that means a new jacket for me.  I thought about it for a year but finally I took the plunge and got myself the top of the line from the Arcteryx LEAF division.  This is their clothing line for Law Enforcement and Armed Forces, hence the LEAF acronym.

Aside from the differences in color, the most obvious difference from their civilian mountaineering line is the addition of the velcro squares on the sleeves.  This is so patches can be placed on them.  In addition, I noticed pocket placements are different and so are some of the draw cords.  The type of GoreTex fabric used are also different but I have no idea which is stronger.

I have yet to field this jacket but I am itching for some horrible weather to come so I can play in the rain.

Arcteryx LEAF Alpha SV Gen 2

No comments:

Post a Comment