Monday 5 March 2012

Annual Winter Classic Airsoft Game


I keep telling myself how much I hate the cold and yet I keep going to games that put me in the cold.  This time, its Zeon's Annual Winter Classic game at Flag Raiders.  Two weeks before the game, weather predictions looked quite favorable to me.  As the days got closer, the temp kept dropping and the night before, wind storms developed along with some rain.  This continued throughout the day of the game.  But just because the weather was miserable, doesn't mean that I can't dress smart.

I wore two insulating layers and a layer of GoreTex underneath my BDU and that actually worked quite well for me.  It kept me warm and kept the wind and moisture out.  So long as I kept moving, the cold did not bother me at all.  This was also the first time I fielded the CIRAS given to me by Colin.  I must say that the vest fit like a glove.  I felt like a superstar all day.


Myself and Stephen assaulting towards Saigon.

The games were standard Flag Raiders fare as well.  In the first half of the day, we did a mini milsim which I really enjoyed.  The objective was simple and the shooting was intense.  Due to the unpredictability of the high winds, I managed to score several kills simply by laying cover fire and not aiming at anything in particular.  In any case, a kill is a kill.

After lunch, Colin took hosting duties as Zeon had to take care of some personal matters.  We played a series of short skirmishes and I still had fun.  They day was great because we had the whole field all to ourselves without a single paintballer in sight.  I have always felt that FR was the best when I can get the whole place to ourselves.




All in all, I had a good time despite the less than favorable weather.  I got to test out a new piece of gear, stayed relatively dry and somewhat warm, had bacon jam for the very first time and got to roll around in a muddy field with the rest of my teammates.  What more can a player ask for?  The upcoming season of airsoft is off to a good start for me.  I can't wait to be out shooting again.


The first team picture of 2012.  This is an exciting year for the GHOSTS.

1 comment:

  1. It was a good day huh. :) Next time you take command, I want to turn off my brain and shoot. ;)

    ReplyDelete