Saturday 14 July 2012

Final Fantasy Theatrhythm


To occupy my time with the jet lag and being sick, I decided to pick up this game during one of my walks after work.  To be honest, I had no intention of ever playing this game as I have not enjoyed the 3DS too much.  Much to my surprise, as soon as I turned this game on, I was reminded as to why I loved the Final Fantasy series many years ago.

As a young student so many ages ago during one summer break, I decided to play a SNES game called Final Fantasy Mistic Quest.  This was my first introduction to the series and it blew me away. I had never played anything like it before and the following summers were spent with Final Fantasy II and III.  Despite having to fall off the wagon some time ago, the nostalgia factor took me back to those summers long ago and I found that I cannot put this game down.


One aspect I enjoyed with the Final Fantasy series was the music.  There are many memorable tracks from the various games that I still hum to this day.  Theatrhythm is a rhythm based game with the music compiled from the main Final Fantasy series.  Players tap and slide the 3DS stylus in many of the different game modes.  Replay value is high with this title for completists as there are many unlockables and DLC contents.

I am not that great with these type of games but it is quite addicting and I enjoy the music so much that I can't stop playing this.  It is actually helping me with my jet lag as well since I am forcing myself to stay up longer than I normally would.

No comments:

Post a Comment