Tuesday 14 August 2012

Some Thoughts


Lately, I have been thinking of getting into the WWII airsoft scene but have yet to make the plunge.  I know that several of my teammates are interested as well.  Overall, I always loved the classic look of the US paratrooper so I am leaning towards that look for now.  Several of us have talked about what faction we should go into, and I have joked that I should go as Captain America.  I am actually not sure if this is allowed but I think it will be fun.


Seeing as Halloween is just two months away, I thought of going through with the whole Captain America bit.  We usually dress up at work anyway so this year, rather than go as a random soldier, I may as well go in a real costume.  I decided to take my inspiration from the movie version of a WWII era Cap as it is quite realistic in look and have items that are easily purchased.

How successful I will be in this new project, I have not a clue.  I think the most expensive will be the leather jacket.  A vintage motorcycle jacket in brown leather is not hard to get, if one has the money for it.  Other than that, all I need are the motorcycle goggles, webbing, paratrooper pants and the boot gaiters.  A helmet I already have, all I need to do with it is to paint it.  I will not bother with a shield for now as I have no time and resources to work on one.

If all else fail, I wonder if they will let Indiana Jones join the allies to fight Hitler.

No comments:

Post a Comment