Monday 8 October 2012

Y'know what I think?


Don't really matter what I think. Once that first bullet goes past your head, politics and all that shit just goes right out the window.

That was a quote from a Delta operative from the movie Blackhawk Down.  Pictured above is my half assed attempt at looking like one of the Delta guys in the movie.  Half assed because most of my gear is modern, as I do not have anything from the early '90s to make the proper impression.  Regardless, it was something that I always wanted to do, and after several years, I was finally able to do it.  I think I will run this more as it is actually quite comfortable.

In any case, yesterday was my third time playing at Ultimate Airsoft, Toronto's first dedicated indoor airsoft field.  Up until now, other than TTAC3, players in the area had to use the paintball fields and suffer the nightmare of getting the slimy goo of paint on our precious gear.  I don't mind dirt and mud, but I hate getting paint on my equipment.  Its a large and clean venue that could probably accommodate up to thirty players at once, I think.





As several of my teammates really enjoy playing at this venue, I can see myself going here many more times in the future.  It also helps that when we show up as a team, we tend to dominate over the other groups too.  But what can you expect, we eat CQB for breakfast.



Pictured above is Colin, team leader and non-conformist.  He did not share my love for the Blackhawk Down movie so he went in his MultiCam gear.  Oh well. 

4 comments:

  1. Hey Hoot, why do you do it man? What, you some kinda war junkie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't say a goddamn word. Why? They won't understand. They won't understand why we do it. They won't understand that it's about the men next to you, and that's it. That's all it is.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete