Monday 24 September 2012

Oakley Juliet


So I am a bit of an Oakley whore.  Meaning I do like many things made by Oakley.  I own three pairs of boots, gloves, clothing, and even my glasses are made by them.  The one thing that I always wanted but had never bought was the Juliet sunglasses.  It was several years ago when I went to see Blackhawk Down and I noticed that Eric Bana wore an awsome pair of shades.  After some research, I found out the name and I have wanted one ever since.



Fast forward some years later and I can now wear contact lenses with ease.  I have a two year supply of disposable ones for airsoft.  The first time I played without my glasses was literally an eye opener.  Why didn't I do this sooner?  It was so much better when I don't have my goggles pressing against my glasses and having to constantly adjust the glasses and the goggles.  Or even worrying about which is actually fogging, the glasses or the goggles, or both.

Anyway, back to sunglasses.  I walked over to the Eaton Centre today to get my contact lenses and on a whim I decided to check out the Oakley store.  The clerk informed me that the X-Frame line which include the Juliet have been discontinued.  Shocked, I finally realized that this will probably be my last chance of ever grabbing a pair.  These are very expensive but I decided to get one anyway.  I chose the non fancy carbon frame with the black iridium lenses.  Looks tacticool enough for me.

I have yet to really wear them properly except to walk around the house with them.  I can tell you so far that these are comfortable to wear.  I have never owned a pair of sunglasses before so I have nothing to compare this to but so far, I am liking my purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment