Sunday 2 June 2013

Broken Tablet


I did the unthinkable one night as I accidentally dropped my beloved Nexus 7 tablet.  I was visibly shaken that night after having a life changing shocking moment.  I am not sure if it was my grip that was weak or my sweaty palm, but I managed to somehow let go of said tablet and it took a two foot fall onto the concrete bus station floor.

As can be seen from the picture above, the screen shattered at the top left corner of the device.  The only thing holding the broken shards together was the screen protector.  I had been on a documentary binge at the time and I carried the tablet with me on my commute to and from work.  The device still function, except for the small area around the damaged part.  Luckily, rumor has it that the next generation Nexus 7 is scheduled to be released this July so I will be picking up a protective case along with the new tablet.

Looking back, this small tablet made by Asus for Google was quite a device.  At $269.99 for the 32GB version, it was quite a deal and it was able to handle everything I threw at it.  Also, it was the most stable Android device I ever owned.  Most likely due to the fact that the operating system did not have the bloatware of other devices such as smart phones.

My only gripe is the cheap construction of the device.  For the future, I will learn to to treat these things better as they really are quite fragile.

No comments:

Post a Comment