Thursday 7 July 2011

My Kindle


My Amazon Kindle 3 finally arrived today via UPS.  I was quite happy to read using my smart phone on my way home from work on the subway until I got into the Game of Thrones and its subsequent novels.  I realized that I may go blind before I could read all seven of them.  That and it was actually quite bothersome reading in the hospital room with my phone tethered to its power source.

Setting up was actually quite painless.  I plugged the unit into my laptop using its included USB cable and slid the power switch.  That began the charging process.  I then activated the WiFi function and the unit automatically registered itself and synched my reading material.  Within moments, the last page I read on my phone is now on my Kindle.

From my brief initial experience, I am quite happy with my purchase.  All I have to do now is to acquire a case for it.

2 comments:

  1. Bravo, that was a quick turnaround for the eReader. I do recommend getting a cover to help protect the unit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the moment, im using my old underwear for a cover. Kinda embarassing when I pull it out on the subway.For the moment, im using my old underwear for a cover. Kinda embarassing when I pull it out on the subway.

    ReplyDelete