Sunday 17 July 2011

My Ops Core Base Jump Helmet


So my helmet came in a few weeks ago, but I only managed to post this now.  What a relief it is to not use the Protec with my broken mount anymore.  I ordered the urban brown version, although once I have the time, this helmet will be painted.  At the moment, I don't have any fancy gadgets to put on the helmet other than the PVS-14.  Realistically, that is all I need, really.


Despite having this for several weeks, I have yet to actually use it in a game.  Due to some unfortunate circumstance, I may not be able to use this for many months yet.  I have been walking around the house with it and I can tell you that it works much better than my Protec set up.  This helmet is light and the nvg mount is molded onto the front of the helmet.  With the nvg, it is still front heavy but thanks to the superb chin strap and the Head Lock system, the helmet stays in place much better than the others I have used.

As for additional accessories, I currently only have an infrared patch on the back of the helmet, as can be seen in the second picture.  I have contemplated getting a helmet mounted light but there are so many that I will need to research them a little more.

1 comment:

  1. Dude you need to get a ContourHD camera, it's freaking awesome. Looks good man, i want to get a few goodies too for it but I guess it'll have ot wait.

    ReplyDelete