Wednesday 6 July 2011

Zelda 3D


To cheer myself up from the events of the last several weeks, I decided to buy the newly released Zelda game for the 3DS a few days ago.  I thought it would be a good distraction for my long stays at the hospital.  Besides, the 3DS has been in neglect ever since I finished the game I bought with the system's release, Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars.

Ocarina of Time 3D is pretty much the exact same game from its first release 13 years ago.  I remember finishing the game on the N64 then.  The only difference is the newly added 3D effect for the new game and the completely new textures in the game.  Polygon count and build looks about the same, except they models are now wrapped in sharper textures.

I am pretty happy with the purchase so far.  I am getting pretty far along in the game, although it seems to be a little more difficult.  I think it could be the smaller form factor of the 3DS compared to the N64 controller, as it feels cramped at times, especially during combat.  The new textures look nice and the 3D effects are actually nice, though I tend to play with it off most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment