Saturday 19 November 2011

FlagRaiders


Today, myself and some of the Ghosts attended an airsoft game hosted by Zeon.  In attendance was around 40 players and I saw much action.  Since this was to be my last outdoor game this season, I was very pumped to give it my all.  I prepped myself by going to the gym from two weeks before.  I pushed myself and my body is paying for it now.

The day started out very nicely with the sun out and just a little cold.  After lunch, the wind really picked up and carried a chill and just made me cold the whole time.  The winds were so hard that it was very difficult to hit targets as the BBs would be flown off course.  That did not prevent us from having fun though.

Stephen, Colin, Jason, and Eddie went with their MultiCam but myself being a cool guy that I am went with my Russian Gorka.  I knew that when the teams were divided, that I would end up opposing my teammates and that was the case.  At every round they were gunning for me the entire day.  I thought this would be fun at first but by lunchtime, I knew what a huge mistake this was.  I am very familiar with how they all play as individuals and as a team.  But being on the other side, I was constantly the odd man out.  I did not know what I should do and ended up by myself most of the time.  Many times I would rush forward and I would realize that I was the most forward guy from my team and that my team is all huddled behind cover far behind me.  Sorry guys, I would never leave you guys again.

My highlight of the day where the scenario was for my team to intercept a VIP and assassinate him.  While my team was busy engaging the opposition, I noticed the VIP with several bodyguards went quietly the opposite way.  I followed them and took out all the bodyguards.  While the VIP was occupied with some other matter, I managed to snuck up to him only for him to suddenly turn and pulled out a foam sword.  Scared as I was, I managed to kill two guys from my team before finally killing the VIP.

In the end, I had a lot of fun and I really played aggressively today.  Much more than my usual self.  I was glad I made it out.

3 comments:

  1. Is it wrong I took pleasure at shooting you? ;) Glad you had a good time, too bad that's the last outdoor game of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember this ... pain is Mother Nature's way of reminding you that you are alive. Glad we had fun today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, going against you guys was a big mistake in my part. With all the firepower you all carry and my own team's habit of camping behind cover always leave me by myself out in front and eventually dead. I will never leave you guys again.

    ReplyDelete