Sunday 8 April 2012

FR Night Game


My first night game of the year came last night at Flag Raiders Paintball where Chris hosted a small game.  A total of twenty players signed up for the game.  I came with Stephen and the two of us signed up for the Russian side.  Pictured is me in my Gorka and fielding the Real Sword Type 56-1.  I don't have a complete Russian impression yet as I have yet to find all the necessary gear.  More research is needed but for now, what I have works for me.



The premise of the game was based on the movie from the '80s titled Red Dawn.  For the first half of the night, the Russian faction was tasked to take over a small town and secure it while rounding the citizens to be re-educated.  Due to the small numbers of the American faction, they only managed to somewhat irritate us during the duration.  Their tactic of hit and run managed to cause small amounts of casualties on our side.  After the break, temperature took a plunge to below freezing and the games became a free-for-all as players tried to keep warm on the field.  The game ended around 3:30am.

I had to resort to wearing my TAD Stealth Jacket as the layers I had on was just not enough it seemed.  With the jacket on, I was able to stay warm and proceeded to keep playing until the end.  I was actually glad that the FR staff can now permit us to wear various other types of goggles other than approved paintball ones as using my JT Spectra with the Ops Core helmet and PVS-14 combo was very uncomfortable.  It wasn't until I switched to my ESS LandOps that I can field my NVG comfortably.

My game face.

Here is a picture of Stephen with his newly acquired Ops Core helmet and the Norotos Rhino Arm.  I had offered to paint his helmet but he kept declining.  I have no qualms about painting my lid, but not my weapons.  Stephen feel that he should keep his gear in their original colors.

2 comments:

  1. LOL NV cheaters! ;) I'd totally cheat too if I were at the game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were not cheating! It was in the rules. Besides, I could not resist.

    ReplyDelete