Wednesday 25 April 2012

My CA MP5K


My newly acquired Classic Army MP5K have finally arrived.  Purchased as a second hand from ASC, it came with a couple of stick batteries, five mags, a short silencer, an NCStar red dot sight, and an adaptor for an M4 rear stock.  All of this for $280.

I have owned a Tokyo Marui MP5K previously but I decided to sell it as I was not a fan of the plastic construction.  It was a fine gun and without problems but I dislike the creaks it made as I used it.  This was also the same case when I had an MP5A2 as well.  Nothing wrong with it, but the lack of weight and plastic body bothered me enough to get rid of it.

I was quite aware of the full metal Classic Army version of the gun but had given up hope that I would be able to find any.  I guess in this case, patience paid off when I saw the gun for sale on the Airsoft Canada forum.  It didn't take me long to pay for the item and a few days later it arrived at my door.

The seller had told me that the motor may have to be replaced as it made a funny noise when the gun is fired.  Upon testing the gun, I did notice that it sounded like the motor would spin and then another sound as if it was spinning in reverse.  It seemed to have fixed itself when I dry fired on full auto however.  I will monitor the motor condition closely.

So far, I have yet to game this gun but I am eager to try it out.  It will only be a matter of time until I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment