Monday 24 February 2014

Wiley X SG-1 Tactical Goggle




A while back I decided that I would try a different approach to being more comfortable at the long outdoor games.  Part one is to change the goggles that I would use at these long games.  In my research, I decided upon this pair made by Wiley X called the SG-1 Tactical Goggle.


Currently, I am using a pair of ESS NVG goggle, and I find them to be somewhat uncomfortable.  Despite their lower profile, I still struggle to find a comfortable balance especially when they are worn with my face mask.  Often times, the face mask would rest on top of the goggle or right underneath it.  This is especially troublesome when I need to eat or drink, as I have to remove the goggle to get access at the mask.

My hope is with these new changes to a different set of goggles and how I mount my mask, I can concentrate more on playing rather than be too busy with fussing over the equipment on my face.

With that said, I purchased the goggle not at a surplus store or a gear store, but rather at a small optical store in the swanky Yorkville neighborhood of Toronto.  Unfortunately, they were currently out of stock but they do have an order placed already and I was told that it should arrive next week.  I chose to pay fully rather than leave a deposit and was told that I will get a call to pick it up.

Eventually, I would order the Rx lens for this but I need to finish my two years worth of disposable contacts first.  So until then, I will settle with the standard lens.

I look forward to be able to use this at a game and look forward to future changes I will make for my head equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment