Monday 17 March 2014

Arcteryx Drac Jacket




Winter doesn't seem to want to go away anytime soon but when it does, I have my newly acquired Drac jacket for the warmer weather.  Purchased from DS Tactical, it took some time before they were able to get some in but I am glad it finally came and I received mine in the mail today.


It is still much too cold to wear it right now but that didn't stop me from wearing it around the house.  I ordered a wolf grey in extra large and I must say that it is quite roomy for that size and I could probably fit in a large.  I'm at that stage where the two sizes can be a hit or a miss so I went with a larger size just in case.

This particular jacket is classified as a softshell so it is only capable of being water resistant and offer minimal insulation.  Compared to a Propper APCU level 5, the Drac does have another material lining the inside of the jacket and for the moment, I will assume this jacket is slightly warmer than the APCU.

I look forward to a warmer climate so that I can give this new jacket a proper test run.  Having owned the APCU for a few years now, I must say that rain have never compromised that jacket so I anticipate the Drac jacket to be able to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment