Monday 3 October 2011

My Old MP3 Player


Pictured above was my very first MP3 player, the Diamond Rio 600.  Purchased back in 2001, this baby was packing 32MB of  storage.  It was small, it was light, and I could carry around 10 of my music files.  At the time, I thought of this as the best thing ever.  Up until then, I was carrying around a portable CD player that I continually break.  I decided to get a new device when I left my CD binder on the subway.  I used this for a bit until one day when I saw a Sony CD player that actually play MP3 files.  Then that became the best thing ever.  Then I caught wind of the iPod.  The third generation iPod came with the touch scroll wheel and 10GB of storage which at the time was actually larger than my desktop HD.  That thing is still with me as it held many sentimental value.  It is the only Apple product that I kept after my Apple meltdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment