Tuesday 1 May 2012

Hulk Smash!






Despite being told by Colin that the LiPo battery will not fit into the MP5K, stubborn me had to try it anyway.  The result of me not listening to him can be seen in the picture above.  It took me less than a week of owning this particular gun before I broke it.  It is a new record for me.  In the six years of playing airsoft, I have never broken a receiver until now.


After getting the battery stuck inside the compartment somehow, I decided the easiest way to take out the battery was to remove the front sight.  That way, I can just push the battery out from the other end.  In the process of removing the sight, I must have somehow made a twist and cracked the receiver as the sight was actually quite hard to remove.  I never did manage to remove it.  With one large crack on one side, I inspected the rest of the gun and noticed a small crack on the opposite side which can be hard to see.


As mentioned before, this is my first time cracking a receiver.  I must have grown stronger or Classic Army metal receivers are made of really cheap monkey metal.  I would like to think that I am stronger, just so I don't feel so bad about breaking this new toy.  In any case, I will try to apply some JB Weld on it in the hopes that it will prevent the crack from spreading.

No comments:

Post a Comment