Thursday 20 September 2012

Space Sherriff Gavan: The Movie


My inner eight year old just crapped my pants when I saw the trailer for this movie.  As a kid, I loved Gavan a little too much.  Many kids have sport figures as their childhood heroes.  Mine were Japanese men who transformed to cyborgs.

Gavan's TV series was the first time I ever saw a light saber, though his was called a light sword.  And his space ship is actually very similar to the Enterprise, complete with a saucer section and a lower section that could separate.  Except the lower section could transform into a giant mechanical fire breathing dragon. 

It is also fitting that the suit inspiration for RoboCop is coming out first.  The RoboCop remake started shooting in Toronto last week as well.

Damn I am excited.  The movie comes out on October 20th in Japan.  It will be some time before we will get a good quality rip and a decent subtitle for this.  It cannot come soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment