Monday 3 September 2012

Operation Rush Hour 2


Today, I attended a milsim game ran by Renegade.  I was a little less than enthusiastic about attending the game, seeing as I am still suffering from a cold and I was pretty tired from attending a game at Ultimate Airsoft the night before.

I signed up on the Alpha team and the order of the day was to secure valuable intel in the form of various items scattered throughout the field, all the while fighting off Bravo team who are also out to achieve their own objectives.  Also, every player carry kill cards with them so that when they are shot, the enemy could collect one card from the dead player and each card hold a certain point printed on them.  At the end of the day, points from the kill cards and intel objectives are added to determine the winning team.

At the end of the game, Alpha accumulated 645 points and Bravo with 260.  Alpha kicked ass but Bravo fought us hard.  At the beginning, I was worried as my team had mostly younger players who are still new to the sport.  By the end of the day, I had changed my mind as these guys are excellent players and actually took orders well.  These was how we were able to achieve the win.


This was my first time at the Rockwood field during the day and it was quite different from what I remembered when I was there in complete darkness.  Most of the field consisted of just large trees, as seen in the picture above.  The terrain are pretty much hills, some more just more steeper than others.  I quite enjoyed playing at this field and I can see that I will be attending many games here in the future.


The above picture showed my tracks throughout the day as this was also my first time with the Garmin Foretrex 401.  Upon importing the data onto Google Earth, it said I did 9KM, although I felt that I had walked more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment