Monday 10 September 2012

TM Glock 17


It has been almost two weeks since I received my PGC metal slide kit for the TM Glock 17.  I installed it right away and it is a perfect fit.  It required no sanding or fitting of any kind.  Upon using it for the first few mags, I noticed the slide would stick half way through its cycle, but with use and some silicone oil, the problem seem to have disappeared.  The pistol now cycles until the mag is empty. 

I can now proceed with the purchase of some extra mags and a Blackhawk Serpa holster.  The Serpa is my preferred holster but a stock plastic slide of the TM pistol will not fit in it due to a slight difference in the slide dimensions.  The PGC slide is slimmer and is able to fit.

The standard issue of Toronto Police, the G17 is also used on the TV show Flashpoint by the SRU officers.  This is the main reason for why I acquired the pistol to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment