Wednesday 26 December 2012

2013 Airsoft Wish List

As the new year looms, I can't help but think of some of the essential things I want to get or replace for airsoft.  I cannot say how much I will be gaming in 2013, but nonetheless, there are just some things that I would need when its time for me to hit the field.


First and foremost, a new set of footwear.  I bought my first pair of Oakley SI Assault boots five years ago and have been using it ever since.  It has seen better days, so now I can't help but replace it with a new pair.  By far, these are the best boots I have ever worn for the field, as I am flat footed.  Even after long hours of gaming, my feet always felt fine.  It also has great ankle support for me as my right ankle is quite weak from many years of constant sprains.


After some night gaming and being too tired, I left my favorite face mask at the field sometime over the summer.  I have seen too many people with their teeth shot out and so I never play without a face mask.  The Bitter End face mask felt much more comfortable on my face compared to the mesh masks commonly found and two that I own.  They are more expensive but I will get them eventually.


Now onto something that I don't really need but I want is a helmet cover for my Ops Core Base Jump helmet.  Luckily, First Spear created such a product.  Currently, my helmet is painted in the tan color scheme but I would like to paint it to a more green color scheme.  With a cover, I can have the best of both worlds.  This product is expensive, so I am not in too much of a hurry to acquire one.


Those who know me always laugh at me for my love of Russian gear.  In any case, despite my owning several AK platforms, I actually do not have a single gear made to accommodate the platform.  I want a simple one and the Pioneer M23 vest seems to fit the bill.


One of my goals is to have a complete WWII kit.  Even if I never get to go to a single game with this, I would still like to do it.  With my recent acquisition of several items, I am on my way of realizing this dream.  The main items I need are the jacket and trousers.


This one has been on my list for a long time now.  A Real Sword Type 97 is not cheap but I still would like one for my collection.


This one is also on my list of guns to get.  An LCT AMD65.  Very unique looking gun and one that is not quite common.

So, the above are some of the items that I look to purchase in the coming year.  I do not count items such as magazines and others that need replacing.  I will add to the list as I think of some more things to get.

No comments:

Post a Comment