Monday 13 January 2014

BabyMetal


Over the holiday break with nothing to occupy me I took a gander at the weird part of the internet and came back with BabyMetal.  Funny sounding name I thought.  Oh look, three Japanese girls singing metal?  That's cute...


One song later and I became an addict.  What the hell happened?  Their hook is that they sing the typical Japanese pop type songs over heavy metal.  This isn't the first time I heard something like this either but since I liked the way they sound, I guess it was just that simple.

Megitsune. The song that got me.

So their single that came out in June was what hooked me in.  Megitsune is a really good song but the B-side, Akatsuki is what I cannot stop listening to the most.  For those who are familiar with X-Japan, the song just have this strange Kurenai vibe to it and it is awsome.  

Akatsuki Live.
In any case, they have a full length album coming out February 22nd.  I already have my limited edition preordered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment