Wednesday 29 January 2014

JKT48


At long last, I finally received my first two CD's of KT48.  I ordered the Heavy Rotation album and Yuuhi wo Miteiruka? single from eBay since I was not able to find these in any Japanese online stores and their official store does not ship overseas.

I discovered them purely by accident when I went back to Indonesia in 2012. At that time, I had packed my iPod with some songs that I had not listened to.  These included a few songs from another group called AKB48.  I was familiar with AKB48's Aitakatta song and I really liked it.  Over the long flight home, I came across another song which I liked called Heavy Rotation.  It was fun and upbeat and very catchy.

Imagine my surprise upon landing in Jakarta and everywhere I went I could hear Heavy Rotation on the radio.  But wait!! The song is not in Japanese!!  JKT48?  WTF!!  Is this a joke?  Apparently not.  They are an actual group put together by the same produced of AKB48. I won't bore you with the marketing details but basically Indonesia is one of the few countries that consume Japanese media at a higher rate than the rest of the Asian countries and so they figured this will be a good way for them to make more money.  This plan seem to be working so far as the group is a huge hit.

So far, they have only released songs translated from the original Japanese ones released by AKB48 and the other 48 groups.  I am hoping that they will get their very own song in the future but for now I am enjoying their releases so far.

Fortune Cookie in Love. KFC for short.  I like both the song and KFC!

No comments:

Post a Comment