Sunday 18 September 2011

Painting my Ops Core Helmet


It's Sunday and I was bored so I decided to paint my Ops Core helmet.  Took a few minutes to cover the velcro parts with masking tape and tucked away the straps and covered the inside with newspaper so I would not get paint inside the helmet.  As for the paint, I went with 3 cans of Krylon camo paints; tan, dark brown, and olive green.


First, I coated the helmet with the tan paint.  I then proceeded to get a few dry branches from a tree to give some texture to the helmet and break any plain flat surfaces.  I sprayed the dark brown paint over the branches.  Just a few light coatings at various random parts all over the helmet.


I then did the same thing but this time with the olive green paint.  Sprayed a few light coats of green over the branches at different parts of the helmet.  I try to make even the branches subtle so that it wont be too noticeable.


Above is the finished product. Velcro parts are occupied by some of my patches that I have collected over the years.  Thanks to Stephen for giving me the 'Fun Meter' patch.  The helmet will be its permanent home.  At the front is my PVS-14.  Thanks to Brayden who gave me an LIF and the Sacrificial Lense too.  My next step for the helmet is to acquire some sort of small light.  I have some research to do.

4 comments:

  1. That looks great dude! You should paint my helmet too but um... I don't have money to pay you of course. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey if you need your helmet painted, all you gotta do is ask. It will be my pleasure to do it. You don't have to pay me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great Mario. Too bad I don't have an Ops Core helmet like the Big Boys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its not too late. Or I can just paint your Protec. :)

    ReplyDelete