Friday 9 September 2011

Real Sword Type-56 Family


I have finally took the plunge and bought myself a Real Sword Type 56-1.  With this final purchase, I can say that I am now the proud owner of all the Type 56 models.  In the picture from left to right is the SVD, Type 56-1, Type 56-2, and Type 56.  I am a sucker for anything AK and I just could not resist the full steel and wood construction of Real Sword's products.  These babies are heavy and rugged.

I have yet to game the 56-1 but I have fondled it quite a bit.  One big disappointment from opening the box was the high capacity magazine that came with the gun.  I hate hi-cap mags.  Other than that, everything that is supposed to be is in the box.  Looking closer at the mag, it is a Real Sword branded mag, but these days, depending on where you acquire the item, it could come with either a low-cap or a hi-cap.  Oh well.

The other thing that was unexpected from a handling perspective is how difficult it is to grip the foregrip when the stock is folded in.  My hand could not get a proper grip over the folded stock.  It is doable, but not comfortable.  When the stock is fully extended, there is a bit of play but not so much that it bothers me.  I was hoping I would be able to run it with the stock folded in but that does not seem to be the case anymore.

I will have to game with it to fully form my opinion on the gun but I can already tell that I will like it just fine.  I will also think of acquiring several slings and a few more mags.

6 comments:

  1. Great AK collection! I will have to inspect your Type 56-1 but I found with mine that even with the stock collapsed I could grip the weapon well enough to shoot it. Too bad about the hi-cap, I agree that the 150r low-cap is preferable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, its not that it is damaged or anything, I just thought that it would be more comfortable but that was before I actually ever held it in my hand. I guess I must have seen too many movies or something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man up! Tango's don't let a small thing like a stock get in their way

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Ok. So when are we heading to Libya?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice Mario!!! That's a nice sexy collection you have there, remember if you need me to house them for you for whatever reason I'm there for you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Colin. I will get the key to your house when I drop them off. ;P

    ReplyDelete