Friday 20 January 2012

Man-Purse


My latest order from LAPG have finally arrived and I could not be happier as it brought me the item that I wanted for a while now, my man-purse.  Actually, it is the Active Shooter Bag made by Maxpedition.
Despite my intention of getting the khaki version, it was currently out of stock so I settled for the foliage green color.  I did not like the OD version as the MOLLE bands seem to be of a different color.  As can be seen in the picture, the bag itself is not too big, but i think it is sufficient for going about the city or to an airsoft game to carry small odds and ends for the field.

My intent with the bag is to use it when I travel abroad to carry small items such as my camera, a bottle of water, and whatever else I decide to bring with me.  I can also use it to bring things onto the field in a game where a 3 day pack is too much such as a bag of BBs and loader and spare magazines.

At a closer inspection, the bag is made of two compartments that closes using oversized zippers.  MOLLE panels covered the front and sides while the back has a belt loop and a belt as another secure point of attachment to the person.  Athough there is a clip in the shoulder strap to the bag itself, it is only on one side so the shoulder strap cannot be taken off completely.

The insides of the compartments are covered with Velcro, seeing as Maxpedition makes small pouches, holsters, and organizers meant to attach to their various bags using the velcro method.  I have yet to use this bag for anything but so far, the only downside to this bag that I can see is the oversized zippers being made of plastic.  Time will tell how sturdy these will be but I hope that they are.

4 comments:

  1. Sigh, this is not a "man purse" and has never been. Imagine what they would say if you used your "man purse" with your "man jammies"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is alright, Im sure they will be proud that I have found a new use for their product and hopefully will start to send me items. I should start a tactical man-purse blog and use my journalist credentials to get into Shot Show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow it looks really cool dude!

    Heh I dunno if it's too late but if you get this before you leave bring it with you so I can check it out. Wouldn't mind getting something like that myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can get such a bag at OST for $76 Cdn if they have them in stock: http://www.oneshottactical.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=oneshot&Product_Code=SC-9834&Category_Code=

    ReplyDelete