Monday 23 January 2012

Surefire M952


My Surefire M952 finally came in the mail today.  After having my old M951 shot out at TTAC3, I had the option of sending my old one to Surefire or purchase a newer light.  I fully intended to get my old one repaired until I saw this light for sale at $200.  I could not resist as these lights retail close to $500 brand new.  This light is brand new so I was more than happy to pay the price.


The light came with an eye scorching 260 lumens LED and a standard P60 bulb.  The LED is currently installed in it right now but I think I will swap it with the P60 bulb seeing as I will not be able to use the IR filter with the LED.  I tested the LED with the IR filter and the result was quite disappointing.  I should have known anyway seeing as LED bulbs do not emit much IR light anyway.  Besides, the outdoor night games are still several months away.

As it is now, I am very happy with this purchase.  I will take care to not get my light shot out again.  The light will not go on until the game require it.  Even then, I will have to use it sparingly as players tend to shoot at light sources anyway.  Besides, my old light found a new home with Jason, my team mate as he had been looking to get a light for a while now.

3 comments:

  1. Giddy as a a school girl. If this one gets shot out, I will quit airsoft for good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Maybe you should build some sort of grill to protect the lens then. ;) Or hell just buy some of those Solarforce lenses on ebay. :D

    Hmm if you quit, maybe I'll scoop up that sexy RS collection you have.

    ReplyDelete