Monday 11 June 2012

Kopassus Uniform


While on my vacation in Jakarta, I managed to get my hands on a complete set of Kopassus uniform.  Kopassus is the special forces commando of the Indonesian army.  I considered myself lucky to be able to find this whole set tho it seems to not be to hard to find here.  Brand new, still in the plastic wrap, the whole set cost me Rp390,000.  In Canadian currency, it is roughly $39.  Not bad if I say so myself.  Its not really very stealthy with the red beret but whatever, that just means I will take extra shots to the head.


As a proper airsofter, it was my duty to make my rounds and see what they have to offer with my hobby.  Unfortunately, I was not able to see any stores that sell guns but I managed to see several stores with the gear.  This particular one sold mainly ACM gear.  I was not too interested in what they offer as I could have easily bought these in Canada.


Airsoft Queen on the other hand carry several brands that I recognize.  Brands like 5.11 Tactical, Propper, and Mechanix could be found here.  Unfortunately, the prices are very much the same as in North America.  So I passed, although they had many things I wanted.


The next store I went to see had very little inventory on hand although they specialize in actual issued US military gear from the Vietnam war to the present.  Owned by a Korean man who spoke fluent English, I spent an hour talking to him about gear.  He was quite surprised to talk to me who knew what I was talking about.  He did laugh out loud when I asked about the availability of AOR1 uniforms.  He was even more surprised that I used my PVS-14 in airsoft.  I did end up buying a Rhino NVG mount for a MICH helmet as I wanted to convert my Protec helmet to a NOD capable one.


3 comments:

  1. Neat stuff but I thought you said your airsoft-ing days were coming to an end. Why are you buying more gear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can still collect right? Plus its a matter of national pride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry Mario I'll still drag you out to games whether you want to go or not. ;)

    ReplyDelete