Wednesday 30 January 2013

French Foreign Legion Book


Due to the troubles in Mali and the botched hostage rescue in Somalia by the French, I decided it is time for me to look into a bit of the French military.  This means putting away the usual Navy SEAL books that I like to read.  Fighting for the French Foreign Legion by Alex Lochrie piqued my interest and since it was only $11, I decided to go with this book.

So far, I am just about half way through this book and I am really enjoying it.  The author wrote a bit of their training and some of the mission they took.  Very interesting to say the least.    I learned a few things and realized that some of the things I thought I knew about the FFL are actually not so true.

Its a good read so far and anyone who enjoy these types of books should definitely give it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment