Thursday 9 June 2011

Ops Core Helmet


After several weeks of mulling it over in my head, I went ahead and ordered the Base Jump Military Helmet by Ops Core.  I came to know this product through another airsoft player and fell in love with it when I tried it on to size it.  It was extremely light and the strap system is quite innovative.  After further procrastination, I went with the urban tan color.  I intended to order black initially but after a while, the tan started to look good too.

As some of you may know, I have been playing airsoft several times with my PVS-14.  I have also been using a plain Protec helmet to mount the nvg.  To my disappointment, the Protec helmet just doesn't provide a proper way for the helmet to stay put with the weight of the nvg hanging off the front of it.  The helmet kept sliding forward and therefore would keep pushing my goggles down my face.

Word around town is that Ops Core is currently back ordered and quite badly at that.  The average wait time is around 8 to 10 weeks.  I don't have much problem with that since that just gives me enough time to come up with $239US to pay for it.

3 comments:

  1. It's all your fault I'm getting one too. You're a bad influence on me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. More airsoft toys, yahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, we spent all that money on those pvs-14s, so may as well pay a little more for proper helmet. Those Protecs just don't cut it for me. Besides, airsoft is also a fashion show. :D

    ReplyDelete