Wednesday 1 June 2011

PS3 Woes


After several years of collecting dust, my PS3 is finally starting to crap out.  It seems like the HDMI port is no longer putting out a signal.  It functions normally when hooked up using S-Video, although the loading indicator LED seem to keep going on the whole time.  I actually bought the system mainly as a BluRay player rather than a gaming machine as I only have five games for it.  I prefer to use my 360 for gaming since I feel more comfortable with its controller.  The PS3 controller feels too cramped for me.

At the moment, I am using my brother's spare PS3 as his went down a week before mine did due to an unrelated malfunction.  Until he asks for his system back, I will just continue to use it.  The thought has occurred to me to buy another one, but at $299, I may just hold off.  The last time I used my PS3 was probably two months ago, when I watched Revenge of the Fallen out of boredom.  A stand alone player may not be out of the question either since I have a Best Buy coupon for any Samsung electronics.

I had never played online, so the whole time PSN was down, my system was never turned on to begin with.  In any case, if you want a free phat PS3 that only works on analog, just let me know.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Lawl d00d u should buy a Xbox 2 play gears

    ReplyDelete
  2. i do have 360 brah! cowadoodi ftw! gears sux!!

    ReplyDelete