Sunday 15 May 2011

A day of shooting at Flag Raiders


Colin hosted a newbie friendly game at Flag Raiders in Kitchener today.  Stephen was also kind enough to get me to and from the game.  Despite the cold and rainy weather, the game was attended by over 20 players, some of them getting their feet wet (literally) for the first time at this game.  The day was pretty much just random skirmishes at the various locations on the field and Colin kept the action going without the useless game stops that some hosts tend to do.  He gave us just enough time to reload our mags before we were back out onto the field again.  Thanks Colin.

Despite the very wet day, I was pretty much dry thanks to my initial investment in some GoreTex gear.  Late last year I decided to buy a set of Stealth Suit and GoreTex socks.  The suit is composed of a top and a bottom made of GoreTex fabric and is intended to be worn underneath the BDU.  Those who play airsoft in my team know that for the last three years, pretty much every game we attended have rained.  We were certain that the airsoft gods have forsaken us.

In the picture, my teammates Stephen is on the left and Jeremy is on the right.  All we had was a piece of small tarp that I thankfully brought to keep our stuff dry from the rain.  Flag Raiders at this location does not have an indoor facility to accommodate players outside of the field.  There are basically picnic benches and the frames for a shelter but without the covers.

Despite the less than desirable weather, I had fun as usual  and spent pretty much all by bbs that I brought.  All my gear have been laid out to dry and now I am just getting ready to rest and I plan not to wake up until tomorrow to go to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment