Sunday 8 May 2011

Thor

Tonight, I went to see Thor with some friends after wondering around trying to find something to do on a Sunday afternoon.  My friend Oliver who had just returned from Halifax for his first leave from the navy treated us to our favorite Korean food and then he decided to see the movie afterwards.  I normally would decline seeing a movie as I find them too expensive these days but I can never say no to Oliver.

To be honest, despite my fascination with Norse mythology, Thor as a comic book character never appealed to me.  I was not expecting much going in to this but I quite like this movie.  We went to see it in 'Real 3D' with the glasses and this was actually my very first 3D movie ever.  The 3D effects was alright but I think I would be content with a traditional showing.

There was not too much to the plot and thankfully the romance aspect was kept at a minimum.  There was plenty of action and also some humor that I enjoyed.  I will not spoil any of the plot here but I was surprised that this movie was directed by Kenneth Branagh.  I associate him with Shakespeare but the I guess the Asgardians speaking with an English accent works.

If you are looking for an entertaining action movie, go see Thor.

No comments:

Post a Comment