Friday 6 May 2011

In need of a new MP3 Player

I am in need of a new MP3 player once again.  I have been mulling over a few items for the last couple of weeks but I still have yet to decide on which one to buy or if I should buy it at all.  Currently, I am using my phone, the Samsumg Galaxy S Fascinate as my default music player.  With a 32GB microSD, I have plenty of music in there but my only gripe with the phone is how quickly the battery drains over a typical day.

So as you can see from the picture, I have been leaning my decision on the Sony Walkman E Series.  I have used many models of iPods in the past and the 5th generation iPod Nano was my favorite.  A slim design, great battery life, and an ability to capture movies and play them back was a plus.  Alas, my dislike for Apple these days have made me give away my last two iPods, a 2nd gen Touch and 5th gen Nano to my cousin.

In my research, the 16GB model is cheapest at Sears, with a retail price of $109.99.  These same models are  $129.99 at both Future Shop, Best Buy, and The Sony Store.  There have been sales that dropped the price down to $99.99 and I still think that I can find a better deal elsewhere.  In contrast, the newest iPod Nano with the same capacity is selling for $189.99.

As of this writing, I am still undecided if I should get one.  Many sales have come and gone but with everything being more expensive these days, I will probably just wait some more.

2 comments:

  1. Dude, just get an iPod touch :P
    I'm pretty happy with mine, and don't you want to play my iPhone game when it's finally released?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want a straight forward MP3 player without all that jazz. And there is the whole Apple thing. You will port that game to Android, no?

    ReplyDelete