Monday 16 May 2011

Finally, a new MP3 Player!


I finally gave up this Saturday past and bought an MP3 player. I was out with some friends and they decided to drop by a Best Buy store.  I browsed through their small selection of players and saw that the 16GB S Series Walkman was on sale for $129.99 CAD, rather than the usual $149.99.  I had originally intended to buy the smaller E series but when they were both the same price, I decided to go for the bigger one.  The only difference between the two is the LCD screen size and the built in speakers for the S Series.

I have owned many models of the iPod players and many other brands of MP3 players and none have ever been perfect.  My newest one is not perfect either but for a straight forward music player, it gets the job done.  Upon opening the packaging, I started to load a small number of music files into the player.  The task was simple enough, as I just dragged and dropped the files from my computer and into the player's music folder.  What I wanted to test was whether the player is able to make a playlist on the player itself.  To my disappointment it doesn't.  The process required the playlist to be made on the computer but it was simple enough that I made one right away and does not require any additional software.

So far, I am quite impressed with the sound quality, and with a battery life of over 30 hours, I suspect that I should only have to charge this one every two weeks or so.  It does have the ability to play video files and pictures but I think I will use this new player as my music only device.

No comments:

Post a Comment