Wednesday 18 May 2011

My revised NVG mount


The hook strap that I posted before decided it didn't like my helmet and decided to break apart.  I was at first surprised, then sadness kicked in.  How would I now game my newly acquired NVG without the helmet mount?  As I was going to sleep that night, an idea dawned on me to just tie the mount to the helmet.  So the next day, I took a lace from and old boot and went to work.

As can be seen from the picture above, the lace sat atop the helmet just like the once intact hook strap.  It seems to work.  I have been wondering the house with the goggle mounted on the helmet and the mount doesn't even budge.  Satisfied with my McGuyver skill, I proceeded to spray paint it black to take away the shine from the plastic.  An Ops Core helmet this is not, but this will make due until I can actually get one.


The above pic is what the helmet originally looked, complete with the hook strap.  The strap is the piece of green nylon strip and the plastic bit on the back half of the helmet.

No comments:

Post a Comment